Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Friday, June 10, 2011

"I have learned the secret of being content" some say Yeah! some say What in the heck are you talkin about! that is foolish and misuse of optomism..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norlandcruz74/5621111566/

"The World on Atlas shoulders in front of St. Patricks Cathedral"

This picture is so thought provoking and what an exempletary prover of the statement "A picture is worth 1,000 words". My words for this picture would be "Proper Delivery System" .. or "Ministry in action".

Looking at this I wonder what is going through Atlas' mind, wonder if he was content in the "Carrying the weight of the world".

Such Irony..we train our muscles, lift weights, run marthons and play strategic games for months online and in board game clubs yet we become troubled so quickly and soon forget where our strength comes from, how to get the weight off our shoulders and that we ARE NOT ALONE! EVER!. NO NEVER! He is at hand, on the right (most people are stronger on the right side!)

Somedays I totally feel like the world is crushing me into dust. Expectations of those I love the most, Expectations of those I am "coworkers" or "friends" with, Biblical and Christian expectations, The worlds expectations and tasks of a woman, daughter, cousin, sister, Aunt, wife, mother, sister in christ, ..... it all comes crashing down and it seems like there is no where to turn. My early belief in God taught me that He is always there, and in my youth I have Faith that was unshakeable and I KNEW HE WAS IN ME and I IN HIM and THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ME THROUGH ANYTHING. Oh to get back to that "secure and content feeling" if something was taken away or someone passed away I felt sure God's Will was controlling things and the path was clear and simple. It was cut and dry, you believed in Christ and God the Father, you read and obeyed the Bible and Family helped keep you "on the straight and narrow". You did not debate it, enforce it in others lives, if something was amiss you prayed over it, discussed it with the adults, the Pastor and your parents word was the LAW, you didn't "judge them or worry if their rules were fair" it WAS, God knew all that was going to occur and has a way for you to grow in it and your soul to be kept through whatever may occur to your mind, body and spirit. When things got tough, you kept the course, remained faithful and KNEW HE WAS LORD or LORDS and you would one day join him in heaven and THAT WAS ALL THAT MATTERED!.

What a "Garden of Eden" experience when the security, and beauty of Life and obedience is broken into like when Adam and Eve burst the skin of the fruit from the Tree of "THE KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL" once I bit into the "Knowledge of the world and other peoples "Opinions and belief systems" the ease and simple pleasure of living a "good life" within boundaries and authority of those God put in my life to guide and direct me became very scary, unsettling and cumbersome. People I respected and TRUSTED became scary and everything had to be "Evaluated for the truth and appropriateness", I became saddled with the responsibilities of keeping myself out of the fires of HELL and having to watch my every thought and action to avoid being responsible for someone else's demise. I had to "Go and Tell others about this amazing man/spirit that would change their life and give them hope, however I had nothing to PROVE it, and all the evidence around gave other options. Freewill is a bear to explain, and really darkens the amazing love and power of Christ and God the Father and as we age our expectations and requirements of immediate or Visible reward increases and if we are going to suffer and struggle that really changes our attitude and the debating and rating begins.

I began hearing statements and heart felt objections to this LIFE OF FAITH that just made so much sense and many around me agreed was THE WAY TO LIVE.
"If I am going to go through alot for someone else, they better show appreciation, and make quick changes and walk the line like I have been doing or else I am "cutting the line and moving on"!. "I am not going to have someone put all these restrictions on my life and live without the blessings others get, "I will do it myself!" "I will make my own way in this world and if at the end God accepts me in heaven then good if not I lived to the best of my abilities"

WHERE DID CHRIST and GOD the Father go??? Why did he leave us in our attitudes of "entitlement" and harden our hearts toward each other, all the sudden the "Be Attitudes were strange and lofty goals but not actual "Priorities", Love became highly conditional and if you screwed up you were OUT! What happen to Love is gentle, Love is patient, Love is not rude, Love does not envey (want what others have), Love does not keep record of wrong doings, Love ALWAYS protects, ALWAYS trusts, ALWAYS hopes, ALWAYS perseveres. (I Corinthians 13:4-7)

How am I wrong, and "stupid" or "Foolish" for being duped and for giving endlessly to people who are not listening to me, and not changing their ways, not doing for others, and not even happy with me or what I give? Is that really my problem? God is my guide, Christ is supposed to be my example. I pledged my love to HIM. I received this kind of love, and the "Good Book says to do it without growing weary, of all the things I do it (LOVE is the most IMPORTANT and LOVE is what changes lives, it is what kept Christ on the cross!

I have freewill and I do use it (miss us it, I will not back down when I think I am right... I will do as those who have authority in my life tell me to and Pray that the destruction of selfish and unguided decision is minimal) I do what makes me "feel good" and gains personal interaction. But, as much as possible I try to live as Christ wrote me in the greatest Love story and best "SELF HELP" LIFE MANUAL, if you want to improve your life, relationship, business relationships, finances, ect.. There are instructions in the book and many of them are rephrased versions of a few simple directives.

Believe in GOD (Christ and the Holy Spirit) with all your heart and mind.
Control you emotions (feelings) mind and mouth. BE JOYFUL & REJOICE ALWAYS! THINK ONLY ABOUT the Worthy of Praise things (so most days I think only about my salvation and that none of these hurt feelings, hurting body, lacking of anything really matters! (Phillipians 4:4-7; 8-9)

My favorite verse of comfort and inspiration is:
Phillipians 4:10-13 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything everything through him who gives me strength.

(WHAT THE WORLD CANNOT AND DIDNOT GIVE ME, IT CAN NOT TAKE AWAY!!!)

No comments: