Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Saturday, September 27, 2008

Exercise of Perseverance and Faith

I walk out the door to find, My Soulmate 8 feet in the air with a chainsaw!!!! and all I can muster is.... "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!"





Oh My...I walk out the door and find my sole mate 8 feet in the air suspended by only what I think of as the equivalent of Pepsi cans (aluminum) ladder wielding a chainsaw. I thought my heart was going to drop and roll down the steps. WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? I asked, as if I could not see for myself :). He replies, "I told you I was cutting up the tree". (Uh.. yeah and I thought you meant the ones that were on the ground not the one that is 8 FEET in the air. Oh me of little faith. He had it all rigged up and figured out and felt confident that he could get it to drop like he wanted (just feet away from the back deck). We have been trying to find someone to "help" him with this and other house issues but had not found anyone and every storm we sit and listen for cracking and prepare for the tree to snap and fall on the house. I called for estimates and it is very very expensive, so Chris took matters (and the chainsaw) into his own hands (much against my wishes!!!) and climb the ladder and took care of our dead tree. I could not believe how hard he had to work to chop a dead tree, but he kept at it for hours and finally... TIMBER, snap, crack, Plop if I had not been standing there I would have never thought it would go down so perfect, it bounced and rolled a little but it dropped just like he thought it would. Oh me of so little faith in dangerous activities working out safely.

I am so proud of my personal lumberjack. He fought the tree and he won :) Although we are celebrating this success, I hope there will not be another, or at least not until after Christmas or his birthday when he gets tree climbing gear or a scaffold. (NO MORE LADDERS!!!). Why take any chances...there are no others like him in the world.

No comments: