Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Friday, November 11, 2011

Health issues help redefine Psalm 23

Psalm 23 has always been a favorite of mine.  Chucked full of visual pictures of lessons learned and to be learned.  Everytime something in life brings me to it, a different part strikes me.  Last year I was in a bible study in which we talked about sheep and their relationship with the shepherd and it really made this passage so much more meaningful and as I looked over my "personalized" versions they too became deeper and more precious.

The Passage as is from New King James Version
Psalm 23 1-6
The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your Staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup runs over,
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

WELL.... that takes a few minutes to chew on...  grrrr.. grumble.... !!$%& **** grumble grumble, why me, why not healing, ..... whine, grumble, doubt (YES christians do doubt...some admit it... some don't... but, HE WILL NOT let us go to far down in our personal pit, before He forces us to jump up in His Loving, Comforting, Nuturing arms to talk our minds back into alignment with our hearts.

Everyone does not get the "miracle" of one minute the doctors are sure you have a tumor or condition, you go through alittle treatment, lots of prayer and viola' your healed!  We all hope for that and when it is for the Glory it happens, but.. Faith is built through the trials..  and sometimes the trial is the "uncertainty and the bound to be bad--clearly impossible situations to amazing results, and sometimes it is the quiet, personal "trials with unseen illness or circumstances that challenge you even more..  but all the situations are within HIS power, HIS knowledge and HIS delivering. 

Oh yeah, using all the scriptures and a few in more than one application are sometimes necessary to get us to draw nearer to Him, but when we "Walk by FAITH and show ourselves knowledgable and understanding that HIS ways are not our ways, and HIS timing is always perfect and that HE WILL NEVER forsake us and is always working things to bless us (not our bank accounts, personal portfolio's or other worldly things but our spiritual being) it becomes "Well with our soles and we can see our situation written within the scriptures like a vine is wrapped around a grape vine to make a beautiful and fruitful display of a "Divine teaching".

                                                   ~~My Personal Version of Psalms 23~~

The Lord is my Shepherd (my keeper and caregiver, herding and gathering me from the thickets I get myself into when I run in the wrong directions)
I shall not want (cause I want what I want and what I think, feel, am told, is best for me)
He makes me to lie down (rest, separate and just BE (not do things) in green pastures (wide open places, not crowded offices, stores, crisis situations, ect..)
He leads me beside the still waters. (not the rapids, the ocean, the sea... but the SMALL creeks that he takes me to, "waterbottle"!)
He restores my soul, (so little is restored in our world, medically alot of essential vitamins, enzymes and hormones are depleted and then replaced but GOD SAYS HE RESTORES!) (He created me, He knows how much of what I am to contain to be fruitful and fulfill the purpose He created me for, so if I don't have the right enzyme or hormone than I don't need it for what I am going to be lead by Him to do.. I am normal! in HIM, with HIM and for HIM.. He is for me so what can come against me to destroy HIM and ME???)
He leads me in the paths of righteousness (this one always got me?? what??? in paths of righteousness?? He makes us righteous when we follow HIS WILL, His precerts and commandments--(LOVE!) deet dah deet!!! oh... If I follow where he leads me I am on the path of righteous!!!!  "in the LORD I have righteousness Isaiah 45:24, He who follows righteousness Proverbs 21:21; the way of righteousness is life Proverbs 12:26.)
For His name's sake. (I am called by His name, I am His Child!!!)

Yea, though I walk through the valley [dark low place between mountains] of the shadow of death (depression, despair,...uncertainty.. any times of doubt, when our lighted path seems low, unprepared, tough to travel, dark and lonely)
I will fear no evil;  (Be anxious for nothing!) For I KNOW MY GOD REIGNS!!!
For You are with me;
Your rod (correction) and Your staff (finger reaching in medication bottle, medical devices, heating pad, a cane other things used to grab and direct us) they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, ( :) promise of provision and of reward regardless of "Public opinion", what the world denied and removes from me, God will lay before me.
You anoint my head with oil; (refreshment, protection, MASSAGE!!!)
My cup runs over.  (FILL IT UP LORD! my physical cup to keep my nutrition and fluid levels correct, my life with be full, without my "doing anything!" He fills me..
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me (He is good and His mercies are new everyday!)
All the days of my life;  (My days are are in His Hands, He knew before I was born how long I was going to live and It is His job to teach and provide for me to fulffill the purpose for which I was created.  If I am obedient HIS WILL, will be fullfilled! My purpose will be what He desires for it to be and in the proper timing, so if I haven't already done the great work I was created...I am promised it is coming, He is preparing the way and lighting the path..)
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD (promise that once you enter into the 'house of the LORD, you are always in there, and HE IS IN YOU.. HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS!.
Forever!  (Eternal Life!!!)

No comments: