Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Friday, May 22, 2009

Okay.. Now I can answer you..Why is being depressed or angry such a big deal?

I was not ignoring you or trying to be covert. I was searching for the best, "not all about me" answer and I finally found a simple and consise response in my devotational blogs.

My Personal story and My definition and philosophy on depression, anger, anxiety and bitterness:

Depression (medical condition) or depressive mood, anger, bitterness and discontentment are very uncomfortable feelings and are humbling to have to share. Having to explain feelings, emotions and thoughts can be difficult when coupled with fears and anxiety, which are usually irriation and unfounded but yet all so real; it is near impossible and therefore extremely isolating and frustrating which makes things like a vicious circle. I made a personal decision that was best for me and my family. I am always saying that I am honest and caring, well I was not able to live by my personal beliefs and principles when I was struggling in mind and spirit.

First, I did reach out into the spiritual (church) and did do "Biblical counceling" and worked with several godly women, but soon realized with my medical knowledge that this was more than just a "spiritual" issue and that I needed to search for other council and care. I remained in prayer. Information, opportunities and signals came my way that were answers to prayer. I confided in a few close prayer partners and had them praying for me but, I also reached out to my healthcare providers and submitted to some tests and we got to the bottom of the physical/chemical side of the depressive symptoms and that sprung open the door for the spiritual work to take affect.

Sometimes the depressive moods, anxiety, anger and fear are just warning signs that something is not as it should be and when things are restored these undesired feelings go away. Sometimes medications (chemicals) are needed to balance the bodies functioning and when the medications take effect the balance and proper behavior and thinking is restored and the depression, anger, fear and anxiety are corrected. Wisdom and discernment are essential, but gut wrenching honesty, diligence and clear and determined mind and heart are also necessary to overcome the undesired thought, feelings,emotions and behaviors.

Phillipians 4:6,7 is not a suggestion or just a saying. It is an exhortation, which is "an utterance, discourse or address coveying URGENT!! advice or recommendation." So read this that way! But, it requires your choice to take action and to agree.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The key in this verse is THANKSGIVING, (not the holiday) the act of thankfulness.
While in my pit or angst I was not thankful for anything and it showed on my face and in my voice, my emotions were spilling out because my heart was so hard nothing could penetrate it and what happens when you try to pour water on rocks? it runs off! and thats exactly what I was doing mentally, physically and spiritually.. Well, this is the Jonah in me! How far can you run before you realize Christ is right there with you? Depends on how deep in denial you are and how much you are willing to lie to yourself and others. I was jerked out of my denial by a friend who saw things we not right and called me out.. OUCH---- I thought I was hiding it with my health problems, being tired and the mirage of other excuses I offered for the moods and facial expressions.

The devotional blog, At The Well:
Check out this awesome writting that has the scripture to inspire..
http://www.titus2atthewell.com/2009/05/reflections-of-heart.html

Personal encouragement to anyone suffering with depression:
If you struggle with DEPRESSION (the medical definition), Irritability (anger), Anxiety (medical diagnosis) worry, nervousness, confusion/difficulty concentrating, loss of memory, whether or not you get treatment for it medically or if you just have situations that knock your spirit down for awhile and then you bounce back. Confide in someone, God already knows what you are going through, he is there but will not take away your right to choose to stay in your pit, or as I like to say in your "mud puddle" but if you are ready to come out and get washed off and healed, Christ is waiting with the hose of living water that will clean you and heal you as long as you stand in the stream. He has your robe and crown, and will restore you just like he did for King Neb.. (in Daniel).

If you would like to talk personally, email me dotwigg@nc.rr.com or comment below and state you want me "NOT TO BE POSTED, but email me personally" and I will be happy to talk with you and share the resources and books I used to help me and my healthcare providers find the balance and improve my health; mind, body and spirit.

Another great verse to keep for the rough times is: Phillipians 4:8 ..Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

In the really dark times it may be a minute by minute renewing of your thoughts and having write down the thought and if it is not True, Noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy then crumble it up and rewrite that thought to something that is and meditate on that for a few minutes. As time goes on this will happen quicker and more internally. Remember it takes 6 weeks of consistent effort to set a new habit! Start to today and reclaim your joy and hope.

It is so worth it and it makes your walk so much easier and enjoyable when your head is up and your eyes are open and hungry to see the marvels the creater has made for you to enjoy. Every day is a gift! Every breath you take is a gift! Your LIFE is a gift! Show your gratitude and make it beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you I needed to read that today. Janet