Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Monday, November 17, 2008

Registration Time for Dot's Next Semester....

Well, it is that time... Registration time for next semester. Time of anxiety and worry, so few classes offered and such a schedule to keep to be able to graduate on time.

Oh, yea of little faith and of so much anxiousness.

Well, I had been told the first day of registration is a mad house and you had to get there early. Classes fill fast and when you do not have many classes that you need it can be very tricky getting a full load of classes in your curriculum. EEEEEE!!!!

okay, so I got myself situated. I arranged for Chris to take care of getting Charles to school. I trucked over to Franklin campus (Louisburg) got there about 7:45, it was too cold to have to stand outside. I arrived and there was a line of about 50 people, I was calm though. Hoping that most of these people were taking the other classes I do not need. Within about 20 minutes all the stressing and anxiety was over!!! click, click, click, enter.

Okay, here you go! I was like that's it??? The registering clerk was like, yep, when you come early it is pretty easy. Semester 1 down, semester 2 is in the system!!! 2 more and I will be done. XX

I got my classes!!! 4 On-line and 1 traditional, totaling 15 credit hours.

I will be taking:
Developmental Psychology, Interviewing Techn., Advocacy, Counceling, and Intro to Sociology.
The Interviewing Techn. is the traditional class, and the instructor is my Advisor and the same teacher I have 3 classes with this semester so I am all set, I know what he expects, I know when and how to reach him with issues (not that I "expect" to have any, just encase). I like to be prepared and know what the process is before I need to use it. :)

So I am feeling a little better about things, classes are winding down and only 1 paper to write and one presentation. (Still be praying these are considerable chunks of my grade). I think I have crossed the bridge to managing the anxiety of speaking in front of people, and I have finally tackled the emotional outbursts when in a "hostile or heated discussion" {PRAISE!!!! :) , that was very stressful, embarrassing and counter productive, but one flaw that just would not go away}

So now after this semester, I will have 13 credits off of my degree, which leaves 38 credits left to earn. The break down for my degree is :

Credits required for degree: 70
Credits earned in MA program: 19
Starting balance in 2008- 51
Credits earned Fall 2008 13
Credits expected Spring 2009 15
Credits expected Summer 2009 15
Credits expected Fall 2009 8

Graduation!!! (Ceremony) would be in May of 2010. If all goes well, I will be well established working in the field and working on my Bachelor's by then. XX :)

3 comments:

Allie T said...

Yay! How exciting to have a definitive "chunk" of work behind you - which will be even more of a relief in a few weeks! Congratulations on your work thus far!

artisticace'smom said...

How exciting. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished and where you are headed!

Unknown said...

Allie and Laura,

Thank you both for the encouragement. And thanks for reading :). Enjoy you both.

Mark you calendars, May 2010! around the 15th it seems is when they do the ceremony. The party will last all week. {LOL}