Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Sunday, August 10, 2008

The valley is not a pitty party!!

I have been in a rut lately and finally know the difference between a pitty party puddle and a valley. The pitty party puddle is all about me, my current dark thoughts and muddy feelings and not even trying to find a dry place to try to stand up and walk out of the puddle. The valley is a "depressed" place in the landscape of life, although not the greatest place to be, it can be a great place to regroup and rest but there is hope; and a way out of the valley. While you are down there, you are looking around for a spot on the side to scale up and get out, or for a tree or something to have someone on the top tie a rope to and through it down to you. You can also just rest and call on God to guide you out of the valley. Sometimes He reaches down and picks you up himself or he will send someone to help you. The Bible tells us, God will not test us beyond our abilities and will always be with us. It also says that with every temptation there is always a way to resist and to get out of the situation, we just have to be looking for it.



1 Peter 1:17-18 says: "And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things like silver or gold from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your Fathers but with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish and without spot."



This verse offers a hope, a promise and a way out of the yuck we put ourselves into. >>Christ!

He is all we need, He is true, available and willing to love us, to comfort us, to rescue us. He is able to save us from Sin, our bad attitudes, our pasts, our present, our future are not any challenge to Him. And we do not have to wait until we are in the valley and unable to get ourselves out until we call the Father, we can call him anytime, we do not even have to actually utter words, we can simply let our stillness and our weeping heart ask Him to help us.



Whoa!!! a guarenteed, failure proof plan!!! And there is no limit on the times you call Him, in fact He states regularly to call on Him, to lean on Him to take His yoke and He will lead us. We cannot not annoy, anger, even disappoint Him to the point that He renigs on his promise to always be with us and He has already given us a comforter that is in us, from the time of salvation. Oh, if only I could remember this, before I end up at the bottom of the valley, but the important thing is that I accepted His beautiful gift of restoration and cleansing and allow Him to renew me.



With this new lease on my spirit and my new hair color I am on my way, (again) But to Him everyday is a new day, I am important, a part of the plan and strong with Him. He will reveal my purpose when He is good and ready and that is finally "good with my soul" (do you hear the angels and bells playing Halleleuha ????) :)

No comments: