Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Saturday, July 19, 2008

It is all about Relationships, love and sacrifice

Oh, I justed finished watching Jerry McGuire with Tom Cruise. I had a really good thought provoking morning did alittle journaling and watched this movie and it came acrossed alittle different this time. {Disclaimer: This is pre-jerk era for Tom Cruise and none of his bad personal views are presented in this movie, it is a good family flick; and as much as I try... I must admit I am still a Tom Cruise (the actor) fan}

I have seen this movie many times, but today as I watched it, it touched me differently. The importance of relationships, doing the right thing and standing up for what you believe is running through the entire movie. The experience of having God change your whole life with a glimpse of something and then a long period of uncomfortable, uncontrollable despise for the way things are and then an unquenchable desire to change immediately is played out so poetically. (Okay, I am very visual and apply things wierd but... this is how I see it, watch it for yourself and you may find something touching for yourself). This is one of the few "reality" and moral movies that shows marriage and family in a positive light, and that is also very important.

Well, that should temp you to go rent this or movie on demand it for those who are blessed with that feature. Watch the movie with an sense of anticipation to learn something, look for christian values being played out in really life without alot of attention drawn to them. Look at the other aspects of life played out in not so pleasant ways, look how things do change for the good, and not because of any human intervention, it was only after the hearts changed.

Hope you get as much out of it as I did... :)

No comments: