Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Sunday, December 7, 2008

Stress Management Solution and Spiritual Workout

Another Stress Management Solution is prayer. Many debate about the "canned or preset" prayers and their effectiveness. Firstly, it is all about the heart condition, and motive you have when you say it. If you are truly communicating with God, He promises to hear you and answer you. Secondly, canned prayers can be mini-bible studies and really help you grow in faith and understanding.

My favorite prayer is the "Serenity Prayer" {no comments :) }

These words have so much inspiration and well.. no commentary or explanations on this one :); just the prayer and the site I like that explains the prayer's meaning and history. One change that I made to mine, is replacing "HAPPY" with "Joyful", these are two very different things, and Jesus provides Joy and Happiness happens.. or not.. Joy is as available as Christ, you just have to choose it.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time;Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next. Amen.

2 comments:

Allie T said...

I like that one, too, especially with your word choice. :) I went to Catholic school as a child, and this was the ONE prayer that I felt there was actually some "meat" to, that was different than the others.

Beth in NC said...

You're right. PRAYER in general is JUST GOOD.

Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Beth