Welcome

Glad you stopped by, hope you enjoy the articles and other things here. The Links are especially useful, they will take you to other websites, 2 are mine, the Dot's Literary and Creative Expressions, is where I store my short stories, poems and drawings and the Titus Homeschool blog is our blog about the family and homeschooling. The other sites are Authors that I enjoy, other homeschool or Christian resources and Music websites where you can go listen and purchase songs.

You can post a comment under each article (post) or click on my profile and email me privately. I would love to hear from you. Check back often to see what is new.

Sincerely,
Dot



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Purpose, Pathways and Peace

Lately all the buzz is about our Purpose in life, God's plan for our individual purpose and how to fulfill those. Well I found a book that has it pretty well explain. Pathway to Purpose for women by Katie Brazelton, maps out a step by step plan that includes the scripture it is based on and gives Katie's personal story of how she acknowledged the challenge and was able to successful cross the "stepping stone" onto the next step in the plan to fulfilling her purpose.

One of the truly life altering truths in the book, the difference between being and doing which God has been showing me in many different ways over the last several years but I had not been able to wrap my brain around the other lessons because of the terminology and traditions that they threatened but this presentation of that truth did the trick, it set me free just like the Bible says, the Truth will set you free. Being is existing, I am saved, I am forgiven, state of being. Doing is more "humanly accepting" it relates to active involvement and actually participating or achieving something. Witnessing and showing kindness are examples of things we do but Love is a state of being. Wow!!! that sent ripples across my little golden pond of tradition and previously learned behaviors. <<Wonder if that is part of the past that has to be left behind inorder to press onto the abundance God has??>> :)
This book was really good in presenting these truths I have studied and heard before, accepted them and tried to accomplish them, but never understood the fundamental idea of being and not trying to do things for God, His blessings, to find His will, to atone for my stupidity and sinful attitudes. The whole grace and work theology has plagued me for years. But, I have prayed and continued to ask for the wisdom (many of my friends have prayed for me, for wisdom, discernment, healthy mind and attitude) and God has been faithful and keeps showing me, it is okay, He can handle my attitude, my questions, my fears, my failures, even the messes I make trying to rely on people to show me the way to my purpose. It is not a license to not serve, but we are not responsible for working to figure out some secret, hidden plan that God has for us to fulfill. He will guide us step by step and although our path is very close to someone elses our steps may be very different. The scenery on our path will be different, the meaning of scripture in our life will be a little different; not the truth of the scripture but the application. But to find anything, to get the answers, to find the peace we only need one thing! (remember the song in church, One way... Jesus!)

Our all in all, the only thing we should want, our one and true passion. Oh but this path is not comfortable, it is not easy, it is not quick, but it is Perfect, Holy, Pure and Sure. God has you in His hand and will go before you to guide you and follow you to protect you. When God is for you, who can be against you that will prosper? You were purchased, you are sealed in Christ, just like Noah's ark, God sealed that door and God opened the door when it was time.

Check it out, it is going to the top of my favorites list
Pathway to Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton ISBN:0-310-25649-6
http://www.pathwaytopurpose.com

No comments: